Hindu Court Marriage Registration in Mumbai
Getting married? Congrats! It’s a big step in life. Registering your marriage is important. If you’re having a Hindu wedding, you might know about the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. This law ensures that your marriage is recognized by the government. So we provide Hindu Court Marriage Registration in Mumbai at affordable cost.
What is Hindu Marriage Registration?
It’s like an official stamp from the government for your marriage. It shows that you’re a married couple, recognized by the law. When you have a Hindu wedding, it’s a beautiful moment. But to make it official, you need to register it.
Think of it like buying a car. You need paperwork to show it’s yours, right? Marriage registration is like that paperwork for your marriage. By registering your Hindu marriage, it’s recognized by your family, friends, and the government. This legal recognition is important for inheritance rights, visas, and peace of mind.
Hindu Marriage Registration turns your wedding into a legally recognized partnership. It protects your rights and documents your marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
How to apply for Hindu Court Marriage Registration in Mumbai?
One can follow these steps to register their marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act:
- Visit an SDM office near you to obtain the Marriage Certificate Form.
- Fill out the Form carefully and correctly before visiting another SDM office with it.
- Mention whether the bride changed her surname following marriage by filling out section 3.
- Under the Special Marriage Act, two witnesses must be present for any wedding that requires witnesses – family members or friends who were present can act as witnesses if needed.
- Witnesses must also sign After signing their documents and providing personal details.
- a spouse’s signature is also necessary on all paperwork about their union.
- Furthermore, an invitation card and marriage photo must be attached.
- Both husband and wife must provide address proof to the SDM Office.
- All details should be thoroughly examined before applying and relevant documents to the SDM office for registration.
- The married couple should keep a copy of the application with themselves.
How to Apply for Hindu Marriage Registration Online?
Marriage registration in some Indian states can now be conducted online, just like many essential services in India today. Online registration can save time and trouble while eliminating long lines to register marriages at courthouses. Furthermore, this procedure eliminates several appointments with marriage registrars as each state has its online registration portal; below is the process to register a Hindu marriage online using Mumbai’s portal.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Registering a Hindu Marriage Online in Mumbai:
- Newly wed husband and wife must visit the official Mumbai site to book an appointment at https://adjudication.igrmaharashtra.gov.in/eMarriage2.0/.
- On the homepage of our website itself, there is an option that reads, “Register Here.”
- If this is your first visit, registration must occur; subsequent visits can use your login credentials created when registering yourself.
- Once registered, complete and submit a marriage certificate form stating your ceremony’s details, such as date, location, bride and groom information, witnesses, and appointment date.
- After completing this step, you must upload documents.
- Once uploaded, complete and submit an application form.
- After this submission of an application form is made, an instruction and confirmation page will be displayed, followed by an opportunity for you to obtain a hard copy of it for reference purposes.
- Each spouse should collect all necessary paperwork listed above in this article, then give it along with an application form to the Marriage Registrar’s office for validation.
- Complete all necessary procedures at the Marriage Registrar’s office and obtain your marriage certificate afterward.
Eligibility for the Hindu Court Marriage Registration in Mumbai
To get married in Mumbai or anywhere else in India, you need to meet certain requirements. These include:
- Age: Both parties must be at least 21 years old for males and 18 years old for females. However, it’s best to check with the marriage registrar’s office in Mumbai for accurate details.
- Mental Capacity: Both parties should have a clear mind and be able to understand what marriage means.
- Consent: Both parties should agree to the marriage without being forced or pressured into it.
- Prohibited Relationships: Avoid marrying close relatives, as specified in the Special Marriage Act.
- Marital Status: Both individuals should be unmarried or not currently in a valid marriage. If either party was previously married, they must be legally separated, divorced, or the previous spouse must be deceased.
- Legal Impediments: There should be no court orders or injunctions preventing the marriage.
- Residence: There is usually no specific residency requirement for court marriage in Mumbai. However, you may need to provide proof of your presence, depending on local regulations.
For precise and up-to-date information on court marriage eligibility and documentation, consult a marriage registrar’s office or a legal professional in Mumbai. It’s always recommended to seek advice from local authorities due to varying procedures in different jurisdictions.
Documents required for the bride and groom
For a court marriage in Mumbai, both the bride and groom need certain documents. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Memorandum of Hindu Marriage Form
- Wedding Card
- Age Proof: You can use any of these documents as proof of age: birth certificate, school leaving certificate, or passport.
- Residence Proof: To show you live in Mumbai, you can use Aadhar card, utility bills (electricity, water, gas) in your name, rental agreement, or passport.
- Wedding Photo-5 Photos of bride and bride-groom together.
- Proof of Marital Status: If you were married before, you’ll need to show a divorce decree or a death certificate of your former spouse.
- Divorce Decree: If you were married before, you need to show the divorce decree or death certificate of spouse.
Documents required for three witnesses
To be a witness at a court marriage in Mumbai, you need these documents:
- Identity Proof: Use a government-issued ID like Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, or driver’s license to prove who you are.
- Residence Proof: Show something that proves where you live, like utility bills (electricity, water, gas) or a rental agreement.
- Passport-sized Photographs: You might have to give a few small photos of yourself.
- Age Proof: Sometimes, the Marriage Registrar might ask for proof of your age, like a birth certificate, school leaving certificate, or passport.
Benefits of Hindu Marriage Certificate
Marriage certificates are legal documents that establish marital status between couples. They serve several important purposes, including verifying whether you are legally married to someone and numerous other uses, such as proof of registration of your union with them. Below are examples of applications where you might use your certificate:
- Change of maiden name
- Opening new bank accounts
- Applying for a passport or visa
- Applying for a certificate of income certificate
- Receiving insurance payout and claiming assets listed in wills by third parties containing one’s name are among the reasons to change one’s maiden name
Why Choose Pandey Marriage Consultancy?
Marriage registration can be complex and time-consuming. That’s why Pandey Marriage Consultancy is here to help! Our team understands the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 and can guide you through each step. No legal jargon or confusing paperwork to worry about!
Save time with us. We handle all the necessary documents efficiently, making the registration process quicker. No running around or extensive paperwork needed.
Our experienced team knows exactly which documents are necessary for your Hindu marriage registration, preventing delays or rejections. We offer personalized assistance tailored to your unique situation.
Contacting us is easy. Call us, visit our website, or come to our office in Mumbai. We’re always ready to assist, no matter the time or day.
Rest assured, experienced professionals handle the details. From registration to receiving your marriage certificate, we ensure a seamless process. No hassles at the end.
FAQ for you..!
FAQ for Hindu Court Marriage Registration in Mumbai:
Registration for Hindu marriages is necessary as part of an important tradition in Indian culture, both legal and spiritual. Hindu marriage registration is an effective way of making your union legally recognized by the government, protecting your marriage in case of future legal matters or disputes over its validity.
Most Hindu couples can register their marriage if conditions are met, including age and not being closely related. Couples must ensure these conditions are fulfilled before starting the registration process.
Before applying, applicants must compile all documents, such as identity proofs and address verification documents, passport-sized photos, and wedding invitation cards. Make sure all these are ready before starting the application process.
Yes! Online registration makes the process more efficient; our staff will guide you through each step, which saves time and effort.
A Hindu marriage certificate is an official legal document that verifies your wedding registration, providing evidence for legal or official matters. Once obtained, this document becomes essential.
Pandey Marriage Consultancy’s experienced team has the skill and know-how to ensure a hassle-free registration process from start to finish. They’re here for you every step of the way – our staff are committed to your support every step of the way!
Timelines vary for A7 registrations. Our experienced team works efficiently to complete it as soon as possible.
Registering your marriage offers many advantages, including legal recognition, social respect, and simplified future legal procedures.
Contact us through our phone number +919892440855, visit our website here, or visit our office located at Shop No 2, Ground Floor Sai Krupa CHS Ltd on AK Road Bandra East Mumbai 400051.
What Clients Says About Us
Reviews from Our Clients
No posts found!